I recently had the joyful opportunity of interviewing Rachel Hawthorne, author of the Dark Guardian series. Thanks Rachel for doing this! Here is the interview-
- What made you decide to write a series about werewolves?
I knew my publisher was looking for a paranormal story and I had two ideas. One involved vampires and one werewolves. I sent them the ideas for both and they were interested in the wolves. So it was a matter of timing and luck.
2. Was it hard for you to switch points-of-views in each Dark Guardian book?
Not really. I’m a “method writer” which means that I view myself as the characters while I’m writing so it makes it easier for me to get inside their heads and write from their unique perspective.
3. If you could be any , what would you be?
Oh, I think I would have to be a unicorn. I’ve always loved unicorns.
4. How many books are there going to be in the Dark Guardian series?
Right now there are four contracted and scheduled. If the series does well, there may be more, but like everything in business it’s based on supply and demand. The publisher needs to see that readers want more books and that’s determined by how many copies sell.
5. Who is your favorite musical artist? Genera? Band?
I’m a huge country western fan. Living in Texas , the music just calls to me. My favorite artist is .
6. Is there anything you would like to add?
I hope readers will continue to enjoy my stories. They can visit my website at www.rachelhawthorne.net for the latest information on my upcoming releases.