TOP FIVE REASONS TOAST AND I LOVE DAVID
(or at least my top 5)
1. His books make my ~heart sing and dance~ Even when they're totally depressing (Love is the Higher Law) I feel happy when they're over. They're just so beautiful and lovely and smart that I can't help but feel happy when they're over.
2. His books are always different even if sometimes multiple books feature similar elements (like a nauseatingly happy ending.) He's able to be creative with all his books. His half of Will Grayson, Will Grayson are written in all lowercase letters to reflect his character's view of the internet and such (he puts it better than I do).
3. He's the only author I don't want to stop reading at book signings. Usually author readings make me want to fall asleep but he's the best reader ever.
4. He is always insanely nice, even to people like me, who wear clothing inspired by his books, like a creeper.
5. Because he's amazing. End of story.