Today I have Susan Carlton, author of Love and Haight on the blog! She’s going to be answering interview questions in the form of tweets (140 characters or less). I hope you like it!
1. What made you decide to set the book in the early 1970s?
It was a groovy time, especially in San Francisco—love beads, bongs, and bellbottoms.
2. Was Love and Haight the original title? If not, what was the original one?
Opposable Thumbs was the original title—and now the title of Chapter One!
3. If you could be a teen in any decade (besides the 70s), which would you want to be in?
The 1920s. Flapper dresses, cocktails, fighting for the right to vote—sounds good to me.
4. What character in Love and Haight do you relate to the most?
Chloe. She finds out that even in the land of easy love, some things aren’t so easy.
5. Describe your book in 5 words or less!
Big mistakes don’t define you.